PM Diet Pills are specifically formulated to enhance weight loss while you sleep. Although this may sound like a miracle way to lose weight, there have been mixed reviews about the effectiveness of PM diet pills.
What Do PM Diet Pills Claim to Do?
First and foremost, consistent, adequate sleep is important for weight loss. In fact, studies have found that insufficient sleep undermines dietary efforts to reduce fat.
Inadequate sleep disrupts hormones, lowers metabolism, decreases insulin sensitivity, causes inflammation, and lowers immune system, among other negative effects. With regular sleep, you feel less stressed, less hungry and more energized, making it easier for you to stick to your weight loss strategies, such as following a calorie-reduced diet and regular exercise.
PM diet pills are advertised as being more than just over-the-counter (OTC) sleep aids, however. They are also typically designed as fat burners to help with weight loss.
More to the point, here are some of the common claims about the products that are marketed as the best PM diet pills. These pills:
- Suppress nighttime appetite
- Burn fat
- Increase nighttime metabolism
- Block cortisol, which could cause the storage of fat
- Promote growth hormone secretion
- Help you fall asleep faster
- Help you stay asleep
- Promote deep-cycle sleep
- No groggy wakeup side effects, such as those associated with prescription sleep aids
Common Ingredients Found in These Pills
While PM diet pills can be composed of various ingredients, the most common among these include:
- Amino Acids– These are specific naturally occurring amino acids that transform into Serotonin in the brain. Serotonin is an important brain chemical that stabilizes your mood and reduces impulsive behavior. By increasing Serotonin levels, consumers experience reduced hunger and mild sedative effects that help dieters to sleep.
- Valerian Root– Valerian has been used as a sleep aid for over 1,000 years. It has the ability to help relax the central nervous system, promote feelings of calm, decrease levels of anxiety and stress, and enhance sleep. Unlike some prescription sleep aids, valerian is not known to cause morning grogginess and is non-addictive.
- Hops Flower– Soothing the stomach and promoting healthy digestion have been the strongest historical use of this herb. Hops tea was also recommended by herbalists as a mild sedative and remedy for insomnia, particularly for those with insomnia resulting from an upset stomach.
- Jujube– Also known as Red Date or Chinese Date, Jujube is used in Chinese and Korean traditional medicine to alleviate stress. Ziziphin, a compound in the leaves of the jujube, suppresses the ability to perceive sweet taste in humans.
- Passion Flower(Passiflora incarnata) – the fresh or dried leaves are used to make an infusion, a tea that is used to treat insomnia, hysteria, and epilepsy, and is also valued for its painkilling properties.
- Chamomile– this herb has been used medicinally for thousands of years, and is widely used in Europe. It is a popular treatment for numerous ailments, including sleep disorders.
- Melatonin– a hormone produced naturally in the pineal gland at the base of the brain. Melatonin is important in regulating sleep, and may play a role in maintaining circadian rhythm, the body’s natural time clock.
If you are considering a PM Diet Pill read the list of ingredients carefully. Although PM diet pills, in theory, should be stimulant-free, some do contain sources of caffeine, such as Green Tea extract.
Why Do Some Doubt the Efficacy of these Pills?
Quite simply put, there is not clinical research that proves these pills can do what they claim. Even though many of the ingredients have been found to cause feelings of calm and relaxation, there is no proof that they will help you obtain proper or better sleep, or burn additional fat or suppress your appetite in any way that can be beneficial for weight loss.
Ultimately, if you are considering trying one of these products designed for nighttime fat burning, it is in your best interest to speak with your healthcare provider to make sure that they are safe for you to take, especially if you currently have a health condition or are taking any other medications.
For more information about these products, go to the category PM Diet Pills Reviews.